2014 Blizzard Stream Awards, Powered by Twitch
In 2014, the Twitch streaming community grew and provided countless hours of entertainment to viewers, much of it based on Blizzard games. To recognize the efforts of your favorite streamers and channels, Blizzard is proud to announce the 2014 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch. These awards will provide recognition and cash prizes for the best Blizzard content streamers of 2014.
Award nominees will be announced on Tuesday, March 10, and award winners will be announced on Wednesday, March 18, right here on Blizzard’s official community sites.
For a list of awards categories and to learn how the 2014 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch works, check out the breakdown below.
How It Works
- Award Categories: Together, Blizzard and Twitch have established 21 unique award categories representing streamers from five Blizzard franchises (Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft). Six of these categories are data-driven (example: Most number of hours streamed for Blizzard titles in 2014) while the others are qualitative categories that will be voted on by you, the community of viewers.
- Prizes: In this program, Twitch will distribute a prize pool of approximately $113,700 for 2014 Twitch partner streamers, with the first place winners in each category taking home $2014.
- Implementation: Voting will occur for the polled categories through Noon PDT on Tuesday, March 17, 2015, via the polls linked below. After voting has closed, we will announce the winners of both the polled categories and the data-driven categories.
- Rules: To qualify for the 2014 Blizzard Stream Awards presented by Twitch, you must be a Twitch partner streamer who streamed game content from one of these five Blizzard franchises: Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft between January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
Please vote for your favorite Blizzard content streamers.
- Overall Favorite Heroes of the Storm Stream in 2014
- Most Educational Heroes of the Storm Streamer in 2014
- Favorite Heroes of the Storm Community Show in 2014
- Favorite StarCraft II Community Show in 2014
- Favorite New StarCraft II Streamer in 2014
- Favorite StarCraft II Individual Streamer in 2014
- Favorite New WoW Streamer in 2014
- Favorite WoW PvP Streamer in 2014
- Favorite WoW PvE Streamer in 2014
- Overall Best Diablo III Streamer in 2014
- Most Educational Diablo III Stream in 2014
- Favorite New Diablo III Streamer in 2014
- Favorite New Hearthstone Streamer in 2014
- Most Educational Hearthstone Stream in 2014
- Best Hearthstone Streamer in 2014
Data Driven Categories
We will announce the winners and runners-up for the six data driven categories of awards next week. These are being tabulated by Twitch’s glistening army of robots and number crunchers.
- Most Active Viewer (Followed the most Blizzard game streamers in 2014)
- Most Dedicated Viewer (Subscribed to the most Blizzard streamers’ channels)
- Streamer with Most Engaged Viewers (Most minutes per viewer, minimum of 1000 unique viewers)
- Most Active Streamer (Hosted the most total minutes of Blizzard games)
- Most Active Chat (Most chat messages per minute broadcasted, minimum of 10,000 minutes broadcasted)
- Highest Mean Viewership
Thank you to everyone who streamed and watched Blizzard games on Twitch in 2014!
Support your favorite personalities by following the links above and voting, and continuing to watch all the excellent streams on Twitch in 2015. If you'd like to share your unique personality and gameplay experiences, we encourage you to become a Twitch partner.