Rehgar Hero Week
"Heroes of the Storm, huh? Got to say…I might just have an unfair advantage."
- Rehgar, Shaman of the Earthen Ring
Rehgar Earthfury hails from the Warcraft universe, and he’s has seen his share of combat, both as a gladiator, and a master of his own team of fighters. Now, having put that life aside, he serves as a simple shaman of the Earthen Ring, earning his redemption by healing the broken lands of Azeroth...and now, the Nexus!
In Heroes of the Storm, Rehgar takes on the role of a Support who is a versatile melee caster with exceptionally high mobility due in part to his swift Spirit Wolf form. This fierce ex-gladiator is definitely an orc that you want by your side as you seek to overcome your opponents in the Nexus!
For an even more in-depth look into this battle-hardened orc and his abilities, make sure to check out Rehgar’s Hero Page!
- Use your trait “Ghost Wolf” [Z] as a combo move for an extra amount of damage!
- “Earthbind Totem” [E] can be used as a scouting tool. Place it near mercenaries to discover if your opponents are trying to capture them. If so, coordinate with your team and ambush!
- Use “Lightning Shield” [W] as a means for killing the Infested Servants on Garden of Terror. The area of effect ability will help you clean up the clumps of plants in a swift manner.
"I am one with the spirits. You’re about to be one of the spirits."
Rehgar’s starting skin in Heroes of the Storm is ready for anyone that dares to take on this ex-gladiator, and Shaman of the Earthen Ring!
The newest Rehgar alternative skin we're revealing is one that shows the true might of the Iron Horde!
- Ironclaw Rehgar - The deal was simple... His life in exchange for training Garrosh's Kor'kron warriors. With their victory in Orgrimmar, Rehgar knew the only way to bring the Iron Horde down would be from within.
You can see these skins in action in the following video, which showcases turnarounds for Reghar and his Spirit Wolf form for his starting skin, the Ironclaw Rehgar skin, and a sneak peek at the upcoming Master Reghar skin!
"Play to your strengths, and victory will be ours!"
- Rehgar, Shaman of the Earthen Ring
- Rehgar Earthfury was born on Draenor into an orc clan warring with a band of ogres.
- He made his first kill long before the normal age of an orc's rite of passage, and was captured by the ogres to be used as a training tool for their youths.
- Rehgar grew into a strong warrior and was sold to the orc arenas.
- He was later chosen to participate in the orcs' invasion of Azeroth, leading to his capture and internment.
- Unable to subjugate him, the guards sold him as a gladiator. He escaped and became a fighter in underground arenas, gaining riches and fame.
- Using his winnings, Rehgar purchased another orc, Bloodeye Redfist.
- Rehgar later became a shaman and after arriving in Durotar, he and Bloodeye traveled the fighting circuit.
- Bloodeye bought his freedom, and the two pooled their money to purchase two other gladiators to join their fighting team.
- After Bloodeye’s death, Rehgar set out to find a replacement for his team. He later discovered an amnesiac human on the coast of Durotar, and enslaved him as a gladiator.
- The human had killed a crocolisk in self-defence when Rehgar's group came across him, and so Rehgar jokingly nicknamed the man "Croc-Bait". In time, he would be dubbed “Lo’Gosh” by the spectators of Dire Maul, before it was later revealed that the human was actually Varian Wrynn, the King of Stormwind.
- Following his gladiator's escape, Rehgar realized he has had his fill of battle and the Crimson Ring.
- He retired as a gladiatorial master and offering his services to Thrall, has been made the Warchief's trusted advisor.
- Rehgar and Garrosh frequently butted heads. Rehgar wanted to remain open to diplomacy with the Alliance and conserve their treaty of non-aggression with Theramore.
- Rehgar accompanied Thrall and Garrosh to Theramore for a summit with King Varian Wrynn and the Alliance. The summit turned disastrous leaving both factions in distrust of one another.
- Garrosh openly challenged Thrall's leadership when they returned to Orgrimmar. Rehgar advised Thrall to make an example of Garrosh before his warmongering ideas spread.
- As the fires of war subsided, Rehgar became a member of the New Council of Tirisfal.
- Joining the Earthen Ring, Rehgar traveled to the Maelstrom after the Shattering. There he and other shaman worked to heal the world in the wake of Deathwing's destruction.
- When Thrall returned from his epic journey in the novels, Rehgar was happy to be the first to acknowledge Thrall by his true (birth) name: Go'el.
- As Garrosh decimated Theramore, Rehgar expressed concern over what Garrosh would do next in his quest for power.
"So you're asking yourself, did he drop three totems, or four? Do you feel lucky, pinkskin?" –Rehgar
"I will rock you! Watch and learn, ETC." –Rehgar
"Murky, stick with me. The last croc-bait on my team became High King of the Alliance.” Rehgar
Rehgar has played an important role in the Warcraft universe, particularly in the comics and expanded universe. If you’re interested in learning more about Rehgar and his companions, make sure to check out the following related content:
- World of Warcraft Comic : prologue and issues #1-3, #15-20, and #22-25 (Comic/Graphic Novel – 2011)
- Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects (Novel – 2011)
- Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War (Novel – 2012)
You can check out some official art featuring Rehgar below:
We hope you’re enjoying our battle-hardened Rehgar Week! What’s been your favorite part so far, and what else would you like to see? Let us know in the comments below!